Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sad sad day.

 The post below was on my facebook profile. I am so sad to report that we lost this girl. It all happened so fast and I will never know for sure what happened. We believe that the Cria must have twisted and turned during the night and ended up in a uterine torsion or breech position.

I want to thank all of my dear friends for the support during this  time.


 I have a Dam due June 4th. Last night she started walking in circles, doing the leg lift thing, front feet up and down then back feet up and down. Would start to cush down then get right back up and circle again.


She is a small framed girl and as big as a barrel. She ate fine yesterday, hosed bellies which she loves.
Very bulging back end puffy and loose. Checked on her several times through the night as I thought we may be having a night baby.
This morning she is cushed, did not get up when I brought out hay. She is not humming, I put a bucket of water in ... See Morefront of her and she is drinking but she will not get up. Her breathing does not look rapid.
I tried to get her to stand but got a face full of spit as I tried to lift her up.[xx(]

Should I wait through this morning and see what progresses? I am concerned that she will not stand, but I have only had 3 births here so am not real experienced , she has had a cria before no problems say the previous owner.
Do you ever have a Dam that just stays cushed until delivery?

I also have hay in front of her she does not want it, but it is there.

Do you think there is a problem or is she just miserable and does not want to move?

No comments:

Post a Comment