Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Items of the week.

Alright as promised I finally got the baby snugglie done and did a hat to match. Could not be happier with how it turned out. Here are a few pictures. Only wish I had a real baby to try it out on.
I think this would be a wonderful shower gift for the new parents.And what a wonderful keepsake item.





I have also gotten brave and tried my hand at some new yarn techniques.
Core spun yarns are so unique and I really wanted to give it a try so after much reading and searching the web for how to's I gave it a go.

Let me know what you think of my first core spun... I really like how it turned out and have a few ideas for some more.






Check back soon as I will be posting more pictures.

5 comments:

  1. OK.. you got me.... what is core spun yarn???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey, how beautiful this yarn looks - but I'm with Nancy, what is core spun yarn?

    any chance we could get together and have you show me some of the "felting ropes"? Your projects are always so fantastic and I'd love to learn more about making those hats and scarves you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are great! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love the baby snugglie. I have been seeing patterns and wishing I could afford to make one in 2 XLG for me! LOL!!! Yours will keep some lucky baby warm and cozy. :-)
    Your yarn is yummy too! Please post your next core spun yarns too when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this post is awesome! Love the "Baby Snuggle" and your home spun yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete